Calling all age group athletes!
Do you know that if you’re a Singaporean or Singapore PR, you can qualify to represent SGP at the World Triathlon Age Group World Championships? You will be racing against top age group athletes from across the globe, and you might be crowned the World Triathlon World Champion in your Age Group!
World Triathlon had announced the dates for the 2022 World Triathlon Age group World Championships:
|Duathlon||10-12 June||WT Age Group Duathlon World Championships – Targu Mures Romania (https://transylvaniatriathlonfestival.ro/)||Standard – Draft Illegal Sprint – Draft Legal|
|Triathlon||22-26 June||WT Age Group Triathlon World Championships – Montreal Canada (https://montreal.triathlon.org/)||Sprint – Draft Legal Mixed Relay – Draft Legal|
|Aquathlon||18 August||WT Age Group Multisport World Championships – Samorin Slovakia||Standard – 1km Swim / 5km Run|
|LD Triathlon||21 August||WT Age Group Multisport World Championships – Samorin Slovakia||LD – Draft illegal – 2km Swim / 80km Bike / 18km Run|
|LD Duathlon||3-4 Sept||WT Age Group LD Duathlon World Championships – Zofingen Switzerland||LD – Draft illegal – 10km Run / 150km Bike / 30km Run|
|Triathlon||23-26 Nov||WT Age Group Triathlon World Championships – Abu Dhabi UAE||Super Sprint – Draft illegal Standard – Draft illegal|
1. Singapore Citizen (or Singapore PR for at least 3 years)
2. Paid up individual member of Triathlon Singapore
3. Has not represented another National Federation in the current calendar year.
4. Had finished in the top 10 of your Age Group at any local sanctioned races.
5. For draft-legal races, must have completed a draft-legal endorsement by TAS
6. Complete Pre-Participation Examination.
Athletes will have to bear the following costs:
1. Travel and Accommodation
2. Race entry fee (through Triathlon Singapore)
2. Travel insurance and any other relevant insurance
3. Team Uniform (Race Suit and Team TS Polo Tee)
- Athletes ensure they are eligible.
- Email to (email@example.com) at least 45 days before the race, indicating their intent to race.
- Athlete will be entered onto the wait list via the WT online entry system.
- WT will generate the Start List, 30 days before the race.
- TAS will notify athletes of the results.
- Athletes can opt to participate in the TAS funding model.
- Athletes can proceed with their travel arrangements once their name is approved to the Start List.
- Withdrawal from start list: athletes should immediately email to TAS to request withdrawal. A penalty might be imposed by WT, which may include a ban from any start list for the next 30 days.
Closing Dates to express Interest:
30 April, 12 Noon – WT AG Duathlon World Championships, Targu Mures Romania
8 May, 12 Noon – WT AG Triathlon World Championships, Montreal Canada
4 July, 12 Noon – WT AG World Championships (Aquathlon & LD Triathlon), Samorin Slovakia
20 July, 12 Noon – WT AG World Championships (LD Duathlon), Zofingen Switzerland
9 October, 12 Noon – WT AG Triathlon World Championships, Abu Dhabi UAE