Members of TAS and all participants of Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon and their related sports, are encouraged to compete in events sanctioned by TAS or any National Triathlon Federation should the event be overseas. By doing so, you can be assured of a fair, safe and enjoyable race experience. By taking part in a sanctioned event, you can be sure that:
- The event organiser is responsible and will take the appropriate measures to ensure your safety;
- The event has the appropriate insurances in place;
- The event is run in accordance to TAS/World Triathlon competition rules, where applicable;
- The event is organised in accordance to TAS/World Triathlon event organising guidelines, where applicable;
- Should you encounter any disputes at a sanctioned event, TAS will endeavour to resolve these in a fair and even manner.
Local Sanctioned Races
TAS works closely with local event organisers and sanctions a number of events throughout the year.
To view the calendar of events for the year, click here.
Overseas Sanctioned Races
Races listed on the World Triathlon race calendar are sanctioned (click here to view the World Triathlon race calendar). However, some of these races are only catered for Elite racing, and might not offer Age Group categories. You may click on the race website (available from the event listing on World Triathlon) to check what type of races and categories are available.
Alternatively, you can visit the National Federation’s website to see what local races they sanction. The list of Triathlon National Federations can be found here. If the races are not listed on their website, you might want to contact them to enquire.
Please note: Races listed on certain event’s websites, social media and calendars might not be sanctioned. The best way to seek assurance is via the National Federation’s website.