TAS is committed to ensuring that all participants in its community play, practice, competitions, official work and volunteers interact in a positive environment, free from harassment and abuse.
The Safe Sport Policy seeks to ensure that all participants are aware of their rights, responsibilities and the standards of expected behaviour of those participating in the sport.
This policy also sets out procedures to report any abuse and harassment (including protections from any retaliation and repercussions for such reporting).
View the policy here: TAS Safe Sport Policy
Safe Sport Commission
The Safe Sport Commission, appointed by SportSG, is responsible for administering the Safe Sport Programme and the Safe Sport Unified Code.
For more information, please visit: https://www.safesport.sg/
Report a Safe Sport concern
Anyone may make a report of concern if they have personally experienced, or are aware of, any inappropriate conduct which may raise concerns under the Safe Sport Unified Code.
You may contact any of the Triathlon Association of Singapore’s Safeguarding Officers:
Mr. James Middleditch: email@example.com
Mr. Eugene Ong: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Denise Wong: email@example.com
You may also make a report directly to the Safe Sport Commission using the following link: https://www.safesport.sg/case-management/reporting
For emergencies, please call 999 or SMS 71999, or lodge a report at any Police Station or via the Police E-Service page.
The case management workflow can be viewed here: Response and Resolution Process
Ways to minimise risk – World Triathlon webinar
The Global Triathlon Safety Task Force just released a webinar on “How Athletes Can Minimise Risk in a Triathlon”. This webinar focuses on how safety at the race is the responsibility of everyone associated with the sport. This one-hour video covers programmes and best practices to help athletes, race directors, coaches and clubs take greater responsibility to minimise risks during the race. It includes:
- Most frequent causes of problems;
- What triathletes can do to prepare for safe race;
- The role race directors can play in supporting triathletes;
- What coaches and clubs can do to educate their members on safety;
- The role National Federations have in spreading the word about safety.
The webinar is moderated by Mike Wien, Chair of the Global Triathlon Safety Task Force, and has seven panelists that bring a depth of knowledge and real-life perspectives to the conversation. The panelists are:
- Verity Miles, Age Group and Elite Multisport Manager, British Triathlon
- Dag Oliver, World Triathlon Technical Official, Past CEO of Norseman and past Secretary General of the Norwegian Triathlon Federation
- Doug Hiller, Co-Director, Global Triathlon Safety Database, Vice Chair, World Triathlon Medical and Anti-Doping Committee, Clinical Professor, Washington State University
- Johanne Suss-Burckel, Athletes’ Services Manager, World Triathlon
- Beth Atnip, Vice President, Global Operations, Ironman Group
- Marilyn Chychota, Head Coach and Owner, Marilyn Chychota Coaching (MCC)
- Thanos Nikopoulos, Head of Operations, World Triathlon.
The webinar and the corresponding presentation can be accessed on the World Triathlon Education & Knowledge Hub here.
Let’s all play our part and work together to keep our sport safe, supportive and enjoyable for all!