TAS is the National Governing Body for the sport of Triathlon in Singapore. It is our responsibility to ensure that all Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon and other related multisport events around Singapore, are conducted and organised in a fair, judicious and safe manner for all participants. To ensure this, TAS will endeavour to work closely with Event Organisers to sanction their related events in Singapore.
TAS role is to provide the necessary technical advice and required information for them to host a high quality event for their clients, as well as monitoring all necessary aspects in providing a fair and safe race for participants, right until the last finisher crosses the line.
Event Organisers are required to complete the Event Sanction Application Form and adhere strictly to the TAS sanctioning process.
Sanctioned events enjoy the following benefits:
- Personal Accident Insurance coverage for all participants, crew, officials and staff;
- Expert technical advice on safety, race organisation and appropriate competition rules etc;
- Calendar event listing on TAS website and social media, endorsing the event as a TAS sanctioned event;
- Access to qualified Technical Officials (including a Technical Delegate), at subsidised rates;
- Right to use the TAS Sanctioned Logo, as a proof that the event:
- Has completed a thorough review of the race routes, and has been evaluated for all medical and safety requirements;
- Will be conducted in a fair and even manner;
- Will be conducted in accordance with the appropriate TAS and World Triathlon rules.
- Right to use the Sport SG support Logo, as a proof that your event:
- Will be supported by the governing body of sports in Singapore.
- Other marketing and promotion support by TAS and Sport SG, including EDMs;
- Award of a sanction certificate which can be shown to the appropriate authorities for application of permits and licenses.
Event Organiser’s Manual
The TAS Event Organiser’s Manual (EOM) is drafted to provide assistance to event organisers for best practice in planning and delivering of Triathlon (and related multisports) events to a high standard in Singapore. It contains all of the basic elements to be applied to the events in Singapore, under the control of TAS. Any events sanctioned by World Triathlon/Asia Triathlon should take reference to the World Triathlon EOM.
Upon receiving the Event Sanctioning application form, a Technical Delegate (TD) will be assigned to your event. The TD will be your main point of contact and reference, and will be able to provide clarifications and guidance on each section of the TAS EOM. The TD is authorised to adapt the specifications outlined in the document to the local event’s condition.
The EOM will provide the information and guidelines to ensure the following principles:
Safe and Fair
Spectator and Media Friendly
Classification of Race Categories
Before the Event Organisers launch their registration, they are to ensure that they have to minimally include the following classification of categories and ages.
|Category||Age (as of 31 December of race year)||Recommended break down|
|Kids||7 – 11 years||(7 to 9), (10 to 11)|
|Youth||12 – 15 years||(12-13), (14-15)|
|Mini||16 and above||(16-29), (30-49), (50 & above)|
|Junior||16 – 19 years||(16-19)|
|Sprint||20 and above||(20-29), (30-39), (40-49), (50-59), (60 & above)|
|Standard||18 and above||(18-24), (25-29), (30-34), (35-39), (40-44), (45-49), (50-54), (55-59), (60 & above)|
|Long||18 and above||(18-29), (30-39), (40-49), (50-59), (60 & above)|
Event Sanctioning Application Process
- Please ensure that the applicant is the Race Director, whom is holding on to a valid TAS annual individual membership;
- Please ensure that your company, club or organisation is affiliated to TAS (for more information, please click here);
- Race Director to complete and sign the TAS Event Sanctioning Application Form, and submit no later than 90 days before the event, after which a $100 Penalty will be imposed;
- All supporting documents must also reach TAS no later than 30 days before the event, in order to be considered for sanctioning:
- Course Maps;
- Medical and Safety Plan;
- Risk Assessment Plan;
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate.
- Submit the participants and crew list (including full name, category, DOB, ID or passport number, TAS membership number), no later than 3 days before the event;
- Submit a post-event report, and the results list, no later than 14 days after the event;
- Paid all required sanction fees, and DOR fees within 15 days of receipt of invoice, otherwise a late fee of 12% per annum will be imposed.
- Triathlon – $3 per participant
- Duathlon – $2 per participant
- Aquathlon – $2 per participant
- Other related multisports – $2 per participant
- Cap of $3000 for Triathlon event, and $2000 for others;
- Waived for Charity Organisations, schools and Triathlon clubs (not related to any business entities), organising an event for the purpose of fundraising, promoting the sport and developing athletes.
It is mandatory for all participants to be holding on to a license in order to participate in sanctioned race. The license can be either in the form of a TAS Annual Membership, or a Day-of Race Membership.
The DOR Membership fee applies to all participants who are not current TAS members. It ensures that they are covered by an appropriate level of insurance while participating in events. Ultimately, it is the participant’s responsibility to ensure they have their own additional insurance should they have their own preferred needs on coverage quantum.
For enquiries on event organising or to get your event sanctioned by TAS, please email: email@example.com