Closing Date: 28 October 2018
Interested applicants please submit your resume (with expected salary) to email@example.com
JOB TITLE : TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (PERMANENT CONTRACT)
REPORTS TO : TAS MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
To create an environment in which athletes and coaches can be identified, monitored, nurtured and developed to pursue international success in Triathlon competitions and Major Games.
- Developing a HPE Program to maximise athlete’s potential and preparation
- Strengthening the athlete’s development pathway between the National Junior & Youth Academy and the National Elite Squad.
- Creating sustainability to support the National HPE program, its athletes and coaches.
- To review, strengthen and coordinate the High performance’s Objectives, Tactics and Outcomes in the TAS Multi Year Strategic Plan.
- To review, strengthen and coordinate the existing HPE Program. This includes to devise and coordinate a National Talent ID and monitoring strategy, as well as relevant supports for the athletes and coaches.
- To maintain constant communication with key partners such as the SSI, NYSI, SSS and SNOC, to utilize available support from these partners for athletes and coaches in the HPE Program, to enhance training outcomes.
- To devise a strategy to monitor athletes performance through comprehensive assessment, communication with coaches, and regular evaluation.
- To deliver a centralized training program, for the purpose of monitoring athletes and coaches, as well as building camaraderie between all athletes and coaches
- To lead the athletes and coaches in key overseas training and competitions, such as the Asian Championships, World Cups and World Championships, qualification races, Major Games and any overseas training camps.
- To Develop and Manage:
- SpexCarding and its relevant requirements and submissions
- Selection criteria for Continental & World Championships, Major Games
- National Triathlon Championships
- Athletes and coaches support policy for overseas competition with the given budget
- To develop the Triathlon Singapore Coaching Syllabus, and work closely with Coach Singapore to get all coaching education programs endorsed and recognized.
- To oversee the preparation and delivery of all Triathlon Singapore coaching courses, and ensure fair and even opportunities for all qualified coaches/facilitators.
- To ensure fair selection of qualified coaches for overseas coaching courses, as well as overseas competitions and trainings
- To develop a strong and positive relationship with all personal coaches of athletes in the HPE program, and to ensure their capabilities through proper accreditation and certifications.
- To source for funding and investments to support the HPE program, its athletes and coaches.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with key partners such as Sports Singapore, Sports Institutes, SNOC, sponsors and funding partners.
- To work out a plan to ensure sustainability in successfully implementing the goal of this role, and the key duties required.
- At least an ITU Triathlon Level 2 Coaching Certification or its equivalent
- NROC registered in the sports of Triathlon
- All relevant certification and knowledge: Sports Science, Sports Medicine, First Aid, AED, lifesavings, BSS, VPS etc.
- A minimum of 5 years of Triathlon Coaching experience with Elite athletes, with a proven record of achievement in coaching elite level athletes.
- Demonstrate the ability to transition athletes through the performance pathway, from development to Youth/Junior to U23/Elite Level.
- A minimum of 5 years of Coaching Development experience, preferably at international level.
- High Level of understanding of the ITU competition rules and regulations, all ranking and qualification criteria and processes.
- Extensive knowledge on athlete and coach development pathway
- Good network of sponsorship partners
- Good network and relationship with international partners: ITU, ASTC, ACT, NFs
- Demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and presentation skills
- Demonstrate tactfulness in dealing with people, impartiality in dealing in matters
Permanent Contract (Half yearly renewal)
With a possibility of yearly contract or permanent full time role, after a 18 months period probation
(Subject to available funding and investment sourced by the employed)
Reports to TAS Office, and needs to clock a minimum of 20 hours per week